Monday, December 13, 2010

Friends With Benefits?

This a little response to a wonderful post, http://youareagrownman.com/2010/06/01/you-shouldnt-have-friends-with-benefits/. Please read Grown Man's blog it is... amazingly funny and informative.

I have let myself fall into a few F.W.B. relationships and yes in theory it would be wonderful. Sex, without all those nasty strings and emotions? Awesome. Sadly, it is impossible. I would like to say that sex is all physical and it does not tie with emotions - but it does. You are letting this person past all your barriers and going wild. Your ripping your clothing off and saying, here I am in all my imperfections. It is a deep psychological thing, stop trying to fight it.

There are times I have been just physically attracted to a guy, and his personality was... bleah. (oh that sounds so mean! I don't mean it to be!) Now in theory it should not be an issue for me to jump in the sack with that guy. The problem comes, when something bad happens. You need someone to talk to, now you don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend so you can't call them. Your mother is tired of dealing with you. So you want to call that F.W.B. and you ignore it at first. But eventually you do call them, and they help. Wonderful! Right? No. Feelings are developing. Within a month it all will come crashing down because as humans we need others. We need love and comfort.

Friends with benefits = bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment